Apply for a Grant
Click here for grant applications.
Grant Request Guidelines and Criteria
- The requesting organization must be tax exempt pursuant to IRS section 501(c)(3) or 170(b)(1)(A)(v), or a 170(c)(1) tax exempt organization involved in offering rehabilitation that meets the criteria of the Foundation.
- The request must be in writing with all required documentation.
- The Foundation supports requests for specific purposes rather than for a general building fund or operating expenses, and will not consider requests for reimbursement of funds already spent.
- Project requests will be considered in two monetary levels:
- $1,000 to $10,000
- $10,000 or more
Our Area of Current Interest
The interest of the Foundation is rehabilitation. The basic philosophy of the Foundation has been to assist the disabled toward a fuller life and to help those with disabilities live up to their capabilities. Our interpretation of disabilities includes individuals who are physically handicapped, mentally challenged, socially disadvantaged, emotionally disturbed, and/or elderly.
The foundation does not support:
- Grants to religious organizations for religious purposes
- Testimonial dinners, fundraising events, or advertising
- Grants to cover past operating deficits or debt retirement
- Grants for operating budget items (including salaries) and endowments
- Grants to support individuals
- Grant commitments extending into successive years
- Grants (direct or indirect) to support candidates for political office or to influence any legislation
Except for isolated incidents involving special circumstances, the Foundation confines its grants to organizations situated or having significant presence in the Houston metropolitan area.
Please submit grant requests to:
Jill Oliver, Philanthropy Chair
323 Longwoods Lane
Houston, TX 77024
Grant applications are due by August 15 at 5:00 p.m. Please mail or deliver by then to Jill Oliver at 323 Longwoods Lane, Houston, TX 77024 in the box provided on the front walkway. Thank you so much for your application and we look forward to reviewing your organization.
Award of Funds
The foundation will notify the applying agencies in early 2017 of its decisions regarding each application. The actual funding of grants will occur in the spring of 2017.
The board of trustees of the Foundation has the responsibility for final approval of each grant. The Foundation receives funding requests in excess of funds available for grants. A decision not to fund a proposal does not necessarily reflect on the merits of the applicant or the value of its proposal, but rather results from limited resources.
If you have questions about grant applications, please email email@example.com.