Electronic Reference Filing
Writing a Reference: Spring & Fall 2022
Kappa Kappa Gamma references will only be accepted and submitted through the Kappa Fraternity website: https://www.kappakappagamma.org/write-a-reference/. No paper references will be accepted.
The Potential New Member (PNM) should provide the Kappa reference writer with an electronic copy of her social resume and one digital photograph only.
Kappas writing references will complete the reference form online at the Kappa Kappa Gamma website (https://www.kappakappagamma.org/write-a-reference/) and upload one digital photograph of the PNM. This form goes directly to the university that the PNM is attending.
There are NO ADDITIONAL LETTERS OF SUPPORT. Please do not email or mail letters of support or references to the Houston Recruitment Committee or to the chapters – the online reference is all that the chapters need or want, and letters of support are strongly discouraged.
Please note that the Houston Recruitment Committee cannot submit a reference online on your behalf. You must be logged in to the Kappa Kappa Gamma Fraternity website as your submission is your endorsement and specific to you.
Help submitting an online reference or obtaining a username or password for the website is available by calling the fraternity at 1-866-KKG-1870 (1-866-554-1870). The Houston Recruitment Committee is happy to answer any questions about the process, but we are not able to submit on your behalf.
After completing the online reference form at https://www.kappakappagamma.org/write-a-reference/, the Kappa reference writer should forward the electronic social resume and the digital photograph to the Houston Alumnae Association Recruitment Committee email at email@example.com. Please use the PNM’s name and university (if known) as the subject line. By providing this information, the Houston Alumnae Association Recruitment Committee will be able to advocate for the PNM with our Kappa collegians during recruitment.
Please do not send extra materials such as score reports, transcripts, or letters of support. The social resume and one digital photograph is all that is needed.
Kappa has requested via the 2019–2020 Houston Panhellenic Recruitment Roundtable Booklet that the PNM also forward her social resume, photograph, and name of her reference writer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we may receive the same information twice (one from the Kappa reference writer and one from the PNM herself), we are able ensure that we have a record of each Houston PNM.
The links below provide the information that you need to present and support candidates to the chapters of Kappa Kappa Gamma.
Purpose of Submitting References Online
As technology has evolved, the Fraternity implemented submitting references electronically. This has streamlined the recruitment process by having the reference go directly to the chapter of the PNM. By submitting the references online through the Fraternity, the Kappa chapter immediately receives the reference and is able to constructively utilize the information for their own purposes to plan for a successful recruitment. Active members can create spreadsheets grouping PNMs by city, high school, area, interests, or GPA. The actives can also easily create a digital slideshow from the digital pictures that have been submitted and be able to view the pictures on iPads or tablets during recruitment meetings. There is also a reduction of paperwork involved not only for the chapters but for the alumnae associations.
The Houston Alumnae Association Recruitment Committee will not be accepting any paper references or letters of support.
This technology also comes with a big adjustment within our alumnae associations. We must learn to adjust to this system while maintaining support for our local high school girls and the Kappa chapters. The Houston Alumnae Association has implemented a few procedures to help along the way.
Houston Hints for the Online Reference System
Since the references will be electronically submitted (https://www.kappakappagamma.org/write-a-reference/) directly to the chapter through the Fraternity website, the Houston Alumnae Association will not be receiving a copy of the completed reference form.
In order for the Houston Alumnae Association Recruitment Committee to be aware of a Houston area PNM going through the recruitment process and so that we can advocate for the PNM, we will need to be provided with information about the PNM.
The PNM should provide the Kappa reference writer with an electronic copy of her social resume and one digital picture (JPEG or PNG file 10 MB or less).
Kappa does not need a copy of her transcript or score reports, although the PNM's GPA and scores (ACT and/or SAT) should be part of the social resume as they are required on the online reference form.
A Kappa alumna writing a reference will fill out the reference form online (https://www.kappakappagamma.org/write-a-reference/) and upload one digital picture of the PNM where indicated.
The Kappa reference writer should then forward the electronic social resume and digital picture to the Houston Alumnae Association Kappa Recruitment email: email@example.com. Make sure the name of the PNM is in the subject line, as well as their university. By doing this, the Houston Alumnae Association Recruitment Committee will be able to add the PNM to our recruitment list and to be an advocate for the PNM during the recruitment process.
The Houston Alumnae Association has also requested in the Houston Panhellenic Recruitment Roundtable Booklet that the PNM forward her resume and picture to KKGHAArecruitment@gmail.com. Although we may receive the same information twice, (from the Kappa reference writer and the PNM herself) we want to make sure every Houston PNM is accounted for.
Fraternity Membership Qualifications
A woman student matriculated in any college or university having a chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma may be elected to membership in this Fraternity provided that:
- She has demonstrated academic interest and has attained at least a "B+" average or its equivalent (3.3 on a 4 point scale) under any other grading system from high school or at least a "B-" average or its equivalent (2.7 on a 4 point scale) under any other grading system for the previous completed term as a full-time student at a college or university or a higher standard as defined in the chapter's Bylaws. In extraordinary cases, the chapter may petition the Director of Membership for an exception.
- She has demonstrated qualities of personal and group responsibility and congeniality.
- She is not pledged to membership or a member of any similar college or university fraternity except honorary or professional fraternities.
- She has not broken her pledge to membership in any other member group of the National Panhellenic Conference on that campus during the current calendar year.
- She has not been initiated into any other member group of the National Panhellenic Conference.
- She is willing to pledge herself to uphold the Bylaws, Standing Rules and Policies of the Fraternity.
NPC Guidelines for RecruitmentKappa Kappa Gamma and NPC Guidelines
- Once Recruitment has started, alumna and active members from other campuses must NOT contact chapter members to inquire about a PNM's progress.
- Alumnae should neither expect to receive any information about the status of a specific potential new member nor expect to receive bid list information.
- Alumnae are prohibited from sending food or gifts in any form to the chapter on behalf of a potential new member.
- Violation of Panhellenic rules by alumnae may cause the chapter to be sanctioned.